Frequently Asked Questions:
How much storage space will our website have?
1GB of storage space is allotted to each website on the PCCWeb. To best manage your website storage it’s advised to optimize file sizes of photos and documents uploaded to your website. Also, posting videos to YouTube and embedding them in your website page or post instead of uploading them to your website is best for three reasons: You conserve your storage space, take advantage of YouTube’s steaming servers for better user playback and benefit from SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by creating more links back to your website, boosting traffic.
What limitations are there with PCCWeb?
- No access to the backend code of the website to customize the layout and functionality, aside from the ability to add HTML in the main content area and some custom CSS.
- No FTP access to server files, but you can upload files (PDF’s, Word.doc’s, audio, images, etc.) through the WordPress media upload functionality.
- Themes and plugins are limited to those made available to the network. All currently available themes are modern, responsive themes that are kept up-to-date eliminating security issues. New themes will be added in the future.
- No email services are provided, so you will need to use generic email such as gmail or outlook or purchase email services such as Google Gmail for Business or Microsoft Office 365 Business if you own a domain name and would like to use it in coordination with your website.
- Transfer of existing websites and code onto our network is prohibited. Starting with PCCWeb means you’re starting from scratch, building your website using the available themes.
Will our website display well on all devices?
Yes, all the current themes available in PCCWeb are responsive, which means they’re made to change their layout to whatever screen size they’re being viewed on (computer, tablet, phone, etc.).
Can we register our own domain name?
Yes, you can purchase a custom domain name for your website through a domain name registrar. There are many different registrars out there, but to make this process as easy as possible for you we recommend Hover.com. All of our domains are registered through them simply for the following reasons. They have:
- An easy to use interface
- Great customer support
- Real personnel to speak to
Save $2 on your first purchase with Hover.com by clicking here
Once you’ve registered your new custom domain name for your PCCWeb website, contact us to get the information required to point your new domain name to our hosting server.
Will we be able to track our website analytics?
Yes, Google Analytics is integrated into the network. You can see your individual website stats on the admin dashboard with a link to see all stats. Also page/post specific stats are available on the edit screen for each page/post on your website.