St. Andrew’s (the Kirk) has been part of the Christian ministry and life of St. John’s and the island of Newfoundland since 1842. Throughout its life it has been active in local and international outreach. Members have provided leadership in the development and growth of the colony and now as a Canadian province. The current Church building was built after the great fire of 1892. The Christian Education and Fellowship Hall was built in 1980. Members of the congregation represent longstanding families of St. John’s as well as many new families connected with the university and recent economic growth.
The Church Building
The Congregation – The People